Monday, January 5, 2009

jkl;jkl;jkl;jkl

Am back in my room in Beer Sheva.
There was one alarm today. I stood next to the toilet.

Should be studying but am not. Spent a disproportionate amount of my time today cooking chicken (or trying to). I did end up cooking it, but now the whole kitchen smells of burnt butter and chicken. Luckily my roommate isn't here to scold me. And, I may have burnt one of her pans....
Maybe will try buy her a new one before she comes back.

Feel as if I am always doing something wrong. Had to get out of Tel Aviv because was staying in a 1 bedroom apartment with six other people, because the day I decided to go to Tel Aviv one of my relatives decided to get out of Beer Sheva too and to come stay in the same apartment, with her three small children. Would have been fine but I was caught in the middle, didn't know where to sit, stand, sleep.... Then on Saturday I plugged in the radiator in the den, not knowing that the outlet was faulty, and then all lights in the house went out. I haven't told you that the room was freezing because they have no heat, and we had been using that very same radiator from that very same outlet on and off all weekend. But still it was my fault. And I felt so bad.
We couldn't get the electricity on after that. My relatives are these two older women who work realy hard and are always taking care of other people. I wanted to just tell them I would pay for everything but I couldn't, adn they wouldn't have accepted it anyway. Plus they only speak spanish, and I don't express myself well in spanish, especially not when confused and upset.
So anyway, I ended up fleeing the house, not even properly thanking them for letting me stay there for the weekend.

Blah blah.
Have spent the day on and offline. phewf some of the stuff on Gaza is upsetting.
I think that Israel is going to make Gaza their Iraq. They are trying to oust the government in power, but then what do you do after you oust a government? You occupy.
Which means lots of Israeli soldiers in Gaza for a long time. One of my cousins got called up in the middle of the night two nights ago to go to the army. That's what they do here if you are a certain age and they need you. He is being sent to, or is already in, Gaza. It's crazy, not only do they have a draft here, but it's constant. You never know when you can get called up because there is always something.
Ok, that's it.

No comments: