Actually, the presentation went well. Well, well enough.
At Amherst I didn't have the confidence to get up and bullshit, but here I do. Ok, it's not bullshit, but it is talking about something without a lot of preparation, and acting as I if I have the ability to talk about it. Last year I could not do it. Now I guess I believe for the first time that I have the ability (if I try) to understand things pretty well and to explain them, so even if I haven't done a great job figuring something out, what I've done is still pretty good. I don't know if that makes sense, but it's a big step for me.
I think instead of writing papers I should be giving presentations of some sort.
Today there was a sandstorm here. I think. All I know is the wind was blowing everywhere and there was a haze in front of the sun and in the sky.
It finally feels like Christmas/ holiday season. I guess because it's Hanukkah.
I'm sorry I write so much about school. I think everyone knows though that I am preoccupied with school work more than I should be. For some reason I am always a little bit stressed, and even if I am not acting as if I am, and do not think I am stressed about x/ y paper, often when I sit down to write, the first thing that comes to mind for me to write about is how I should be doing x or y. Maybe it is just a deeply internalized guilt. (I write this because I was just about to launch into how I should be doing work for my final papers but am not.)
I'm doing better than I was for a couple weeks. I ascribe the change entirely to a change in diet. Food makes a difference, apparently. I decided to start cooking for myself. At the moment all I can cook is omelets. But I make really good omelets. I am aware though that eggs, cheese, and some cut up vegetables is not a balanced diet. At least it's better than I was doing for a while.
My next step is meat. I also make good salads. It's a start.
Ok, yalla bye.
(I am in the computer lab. Do Not Call is here, but I'm not going to talk to him. )
PS. In this recipe exchange everyone will probably just get omelet recipes from me. (sorry). I can't tell you how to do anything else.
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment