Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Still up

I'm still up, it's the same night.

My second roommate didn't come back till midnight. She had been shopping. Came back with all the toilet paper we need for the next month. Doesn't mention what happened tonight as she comes in. I don't bring it up because I had texted her before to make sure she was alright.
She seems as if she's unaffected -- as gone and done the shopping, after school and everything, even after the rockets. But I can tell that by the amount she's talking to our other roommate she is more excited than usual. And then she calls, "Carolyn, What is this!?"
I come out of my room to see she is squatting over a brown stain on the floor. It had been wet there earlier, it had looked like water or something, I think it had come from our other roommate. I had noticed it and not done anything, even as I saw the wetness turn brown. But now my roommate is telling me that it is eating away at the floor and has affected the floor. She is already scrubbing it away -- her scrubs and her voice a scolding for me.
Yes, I should have cleaned it up. But this time I know it wasn't something I caused. AND, I see that she is stressed - that her mini floor freak out is her way of expressing her nerves from the night. So I just take it.
I do wish I had wiped it earlier though, I hadn't because for once it was a mess I hadn't made. The problem is I still get blamed for it!

No comments: