No, this article about 15th Century Iran is deadly boring.
The best I can do is skim for names. Am keeping a list of them
But
What the story is
How these names link together,
What they are even names of really... I cannot say.
Good job for reading comprehension.
My list doesn't even get into the Shah blah blah blah who overthrew his brother and then blah blah blah.
Tomorrow I have class with the Professor who accused me of equating Islam with irrationality while I was trying to describe the Iranian Revolution. He was right, I had said something like the revolution started out as a rational revolt against the Shah but then when Islam became mixed up in it, it became something less rational... Oops. Though truth is I had meant to say religion and not Islam specifically, and I hadn't even wanted to say irrationality. I had wanted to say something like emotions... heart over head, but those are not very specific terms and so I said irrationality, and that, when put with Islam, doesn't sound good. But are any religions rational, damnit? He acted like I was being such a prejudiced westerner.
It does not feel like fall here until the sun goes down at some shockingly early hour and the air becomes colder and I start craving hot chocolate.
New resolution, to start cooking warm food for myself.
Am tired. It is good I am in classes now. It gives me something to think about.
Though I still have trouble focusing, as is quite obvious from this blog.
Am learning Arabic. The writing is beautiful, it is really why I decided to stay in the class. It is like the kind of doodling I wish I could do. Something artistic. (I know it is terrible that I said doodling.)
"Mom, this is important, mom you need to listen."
I'm listening to a song in which a boy is trying to come out to his mom over the phone.
It is from a Broadway musical.
I have gone crazy. All this musical stuff. I have discovered that it is impossible to do work while listening to music from musicals because the songs get me so riled up that I can't do anything but listen to the song. And then I start imagining things, or picturing the situation, wishing I were like the actors on Broadway...
"That you were the question and you were the answer. That the world would make sense again if I held your hand."
I am not the only one obsessed with Matt Doyle, I keep reading things about Spring Awakening that make special note of him though he is not one of the leads.
Did you know it's going off Broadway? I was going to send an email to all my friends telling them to go see it before it closed, but once I started writing the email I realized that I sounded... crazy, obsessed, so I never sent it.
I really need to go to bed but I stay up thinking something will come out of me...
You know when you can feel how tired you are in the skin right below your lower eye lids? I guess it's the skin above the lower part of your eye socket. I feel my skin going numb there. haha.
Wow, it's really bad for me to listen to this music. It makes me feel dissatisfied. Dissatisfied sitting in my room, going to class, dissatisfied with anything I'm doing. Wish I were living a life where emotions were clearer, where emotions were the only thing and where we could always be screaming from a mixture of anger and energy and pain and understanding. Yuck Carolyn what are you saying.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment