Saturday, November 8, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

I am 23 today.
In seven minutes it will no longer be my birthday so I should hurry up.

I need to start taking myself seriously.... I'm not sure what I mean by that. And maybe my problem is that I actually take myself too seriously. No, but, seriously Carolyn, you need to start thinking about what you want to do in the future, as a job, as a life.
I need to find something I can see myself doing. I need to find some way of combining the things that make me happy with the things that make money.

I need to figure out what things make me happy. Oh, that's a good one.

I need to stop daydreaming so much. Boo. Because I've found that whenever I dream up a scenario I would like to happen in my head, and play it out over and over again, that scenario never happens. If I have pictured it in my head then I can be certain it won't happen outside of my head. Maybe I should rectify this situation... ie, stop living in fantasy land.

Hmmmm... what else?

Ok, short term:
Buy food so I can stop stealing my roommate's milk and can eat something other than cornflakes and petit beure cookies.

Go to the doctor because my skin looks worse at 23 than it did at 13. (Too much information here I think).

And go for a run because running makes me happy.

Long Term:
Try to picture myself in the future on a regular basis. It will take me a long time to do this one.

Try to avoid crises. If I see myself doing things I shouldn't, I will make myself stop doing those things or talk to someone about it and get THEM to make me stop.

Relax.

Be creative.

I will get the things I need to get done, done, regardless of my weaknesses. If my work is not great, or not even as good as I could do, it's ok. It's more important that I just DO things.

I should read more.

Ok, enough of this.

No comments: